"... to motivate, instruct, and nurture...
BULLETIN SPORTS STUDENT COUNCIL CALENDAR Parent Service Hours & Events/Committee Signups
Parent Volunteers, click here for instructions (pdf), and/or click http://shieldthevulnerable.org/ to take, or continue the on-line course. Just remember your Login -ID/Password and print a copy when completed for your records.
On Friday (11/22/13) our teachers are attending a Faith Formation conference in Santa Clara. For more information, please click on link: www.faithformationconference.com
Madonna del Sasso School is a Preschool to 8th grade teaching ministry of our parish. We accept students from other parishes and from other faiths. The mission of Madonna del Sasso Parish School is to motivate, instruct and nurture children in the beliefs, practices and values of the Catholic community integrated with the highest standards of academic excellence. The school promotes physical development and leadership skills for the students to become lifelong learners inspired by Jesus Christ.
The philosophy of Madonna del Sasso School states:
Madonna del Sasso Parish School is a Catholic environment where students can experience a maturing relationship with God, themselves and others. Together with parents, the primary educators, and teachers as facilitators of learning, we prepare students to become involved, responsible and contributing members of the Church and society. Under the inspiration and leadership of Jesus Christ, the master teacher, we create an institution of learning and living where a family of families can grow, share and experience a love for learning and Christian fellowship.
Catholic principles of Christianity are taught daily as the basis of our curriculum. Each student is afforded the opportunity to grow in knowledge of Christ through study of scripture, participation in the liturgy, prayer, and finally an understanding that our study is a “way of life” -- not just an exercise in learning.
Students of all faiths are welcome insofar as they understand and agree that the school functions within the framework of the values of the Catholic faith. All students are expected to attend liturgical functions and to take religion classes.
The curriculum consists of the following content areas: Religion; Math; Science; Reading/ Writing/ Language Arts/Literature/Spelling; Social Studies; Spanish; Physical Education; Computer Technology; Music; Art.
SCHOOLWIDE LEARNING EXPECTATIONS
At Madonna del Sasso School a graduate is a person of faith who:
- Demonstrates and applies the abilities to reflect thoughtfully and share on scripture, church doctrine and traditions of the Catholic Church
- Expresses sense of awareness and reverence at the miracle of life and God’s creation
- Recognizes his/her responsibility as a child of God to live a healthy lifestyle
- Embraces discipleship in Jesus Christ through action and proclamation of His “Good News”
At Madonna del Sasso School a graduate is a critical thinker who:
- Values learning for its own sake
- Strives diligently for high standards in the learning process
- Analyzes and solves problems effectively, and utilizes research skills for further inquiry and discovery
- Is able to make connections by integrating new information with prior knowledge
At Madonna del Sasso School a graduate is an active member of the community who:
- Embraces a personal sense of belonging to community, large and small
- Demonstrates respect for self, others and the environment
- Exhibits communication skills, creativity, cooperation, balance and vibrancy in his/her own life and in the service of others
- Is able to experience connectedness to all people, respecting diversity background and opinion
Ultimately, we envision a Madonna del Sasso School graduate as a disciple of Jesus Christ who is developing and demonstrating responsibility for his/her own actions in every aspect of life.
“Let it be known to all who enter here that Jesus Christ is the reason for this school, the unseen but ever-present teacher in all its classes, the model of its faculty, and the inspiration for its students.”
Madonna del Sasso School Accreditation, 2011 Accreditation Letter to MDS Community, 2011 Clear Six Accreditation Letter
Madonna del Sasso School Catholic School is accredited by the Western Catholic Educational Association (WCEA). WCEA accredits Catholic elementary and secondary schools in nine western states (26 (arch) dioceses) and the US Territory of Guam. WCEA co-accredits and is in partnership with three Regional agencies (WASC, NAAS, NCA CASI) and two private agencies (CAIS and HAIS). WCEA began in 1957 in San Francisco and has a long and successful history of assisting school improvement through the accreditation process. Link to WCEA website: www.westwcea.org
Madonna del Sasso Strategic Technology Plan
Data Manager - pdf
Madonna del Sasso Teacher's School Link http://emilms.fema.gov/IS100SCA/index.htm
Back To Top